March 30, 2016

Trump, Cruz, Kasich ALL Back Down From RNC ‘Pledge’ To Support Republican Candidate ‘Regardless Of Who It Is’

All three U.S. Republican candidates – Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Donald Trump, and Gov. John Kasich – have backed down from their “pledges” to support the party’s candidate at the general election, “regardless of who it is”.

During CNN’s Town Hall event last night, host Anderson Cooper pressed the candidates on the pledge, which Donald Trump announced he signed in September 2015, with the other candidates pledging their support at the first Republican candidates’ debate.

Last night, Mr. Trump told Mr. Cooper, when asked if he continued to pledge for whoever the Republican nominee is, “No, I don’t anymore”, while both Mr. Cruz and Mr. Kasich implied their non-committal.

The pledge reads: “I, [candidate], affirm that if I do not win the 2016 Republican nomination for President of the United States I will endorse the 2016 Republican presidential nominee regardless of who it is… I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek or accept the nomination for president of any other party.”

Read the entire article

No comments:

Post a Comment