Donald Trump Jr. continued his battle with CNN on Tuesday, calling two of the network’s “bombshell” reports “pure BS.”
“It’s simple, there is no penalty for being wrong about Trump. If it’s against Trump, any error no matter how egregious is ignored or forgiven,” Trump Jr. tweeted.
He was referring to two CNN stories, one published last month and one published in December, that were widely cited after publication as evidence of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government.
The first story, from Dec. 8, 2017, alleged that Donald Trump Jr. received an email on Sept. 4, 2016 containing a link and encryption key to hacked emails provided to Wikileaks. The second story, published on July 27, asserted that former Trump attorney Michael Cohen claimed to have been present during a meeting when Trump Jr. told his father about a June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with a group of Russians offering dirt on Hillary Clinton.
According to CNN, Cohen said he was willing to tell Special Counsel Robert Mueller that President Trump approved of the meeting.
The first story was completely debunked while the second has come under intense scrutiny, given that one of the sources, Cohen attorney Lanny Davis, has retracted his claim.
Read the entire article