June 5, 2019

CNN ANALYST: STEELE’S MEETING WITH DOJ ‘WILL NOT END UP WELL’ FOR DOSSIER AUTHOR

A CNN analyst said Tuesday that dossier author Christopher Steele should not meet with the Justice Department because doing so “will not end up well” for the former British spy.

“If you go to car races looking for car wrecks, this is significant. This will be a car wreck,” Phil Mudd, a former FBI official, told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.

“I can’t believe he has perfect answers about the origins of the Steele dossier. I’m not even sure why he’s showing up. If I were him, I’d go to Disney World. I would not go to the Department of Justice, because it will not end up well.”

Mudd, who worked at the CIA and also served as deputy director of the FBI’s national security branch, speculated that Steele’s meeting with the Justice Department will not end well for him because of the flimsiness of the allegations in his controversial report.

“Let me give you how this game ends. Christopher Steele shows up in front of the Department of Justice and I’m guessing doesn’t have terrific answers for the quality of the information in that Steele dossier,” said Mudd.

Read the entire article

No comments:

Post a Comment